I love cookies, and holiday time is the time to go cookie crazy! Today Lois Eastlund talks about her fabulous cruelty-free fashions and her delicious cookies on the Jazzy Vegetarian Radio “LA Fashionista Compassionista Holiday Special.”
We also talked with the compassionately stylish, Adrienne Borgersen, who shared her best cruelty-free beauty and fashion tips for the holiday season. Of course, we learned more about this month’s festive issue of LA Fashionista Compassionista online magazine, featuring me on the cover! Wow! Listen to the episode here!
Lois was kind enough to share this awesome cookie recipe with us today! Thank you Lois!
Lois Eastlund's Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
These gems from Lois Eastlund incorporates so many tasty ingredients!
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
6 tablespoons water
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons himalayan pink salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Wet Ingredients and Sugars
1 cup vegan butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 package (8 ounces) dried cranberries
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
2) Mix together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside, until gelled.
3) Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
4) Mix the butter and sugars until creamy, then add the flaxseed mixture, vanilla and mix well.
5) Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until blended.
6) Add the cranberries and mix well. Use a teaspoon, or a 1 to 1 ½ -inch cookie scoop and drop batter onto cookie sheet.
7) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on your oven and desired level of crispness! (I prefer to take mine out when they seem to be underdone and let them sit and set for a while).
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.